In September, 1955, Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Lott, Mrs. John Hayes, and Inman Stewart made plans to begin a revival meeting in a building owned by Mr. and Mrs. Lott. The building was on Ball Park Road. At the conclusion of the revival three weeks later, it was decided to continue having preaching services twice weekly with John Hayes and Inman Stewart alternating in conducting the services. Mr. and Mrs. Lott gave much encouragement and support to the work. The work was called Ball Park Mission.
On January 1, 1957, Sunday School was begun. Approximately fifty-two people were enrolled that first Sunday. Later in the same year, the mission made a request of Liberty Baptist Association that it e organized into a Baptist church.
On Sunday afternoon, November 24th, 1957, in the Hasty School Auditorium, Rev. W.N. Brookshire, moderator of Liberty Baptist Association, called the meeting to order. Present were representatives from twenty three churches in the association, sixteen pastors and forty laymen.
Following the usual procedure, the mission was constituted into a Baptist church with thirty three members. It was then voted to call the new church Hasty Baptist and to call Inman Stewart as pastor. Luke 14-25-33 was used at the charge to the new church.
In 1959 the church moved into its new two story educational building and temporary auditorium. The records show a church membership of forty two and a Sunday school enrollment of ninety at that time.
In April 1966, the first service was held in the present sanctuary. The church membership at that time was two hundred and Sunday School was two hundred thirty two.
The growth of Hasty Church has not been the work of one person or group, but many people have contributed to the work. The credit for its success belongs to a cooperative and progressive spirit on the part of the congregation and the glory belongs to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Hasty Baptist Church - 161 Joe Moore Road, Thomasville, NC 27360 | Phone: (336) 885-5608